January 16, 2009 7:34 PM
Obama's cabinet - politics as usual, but more ominous for Americans
While I had many grave concerns about Obama prior to the election, my attitude after was that the American people had spoken. I was willing to set aside my own opinions and give our president-elect the benefit of a doubt.
Since Obama was promising "Change" and "No More Politics as Usual" I was especially hopeful that change itself - shaking up the Washington, DC status quo would be a good thing in and of itself.
While Obama supporters say we need to "give him a chance," it is absurd to expect no comment on the choices he has been making since November 4 - which will steer the country in the direction he wants and affect our nation and our individual lives in such an unprecedented way. Meanwhile the press sings paeans to his greatness and Congress might as well throw branches down before him as he rides into town.
Produced by Citizenlink
Plus, the absolutely incredible overlooking of cover-ups (Holder) and questionable ties (Clinton) that could threaten our personal freedoms and compromise our security.
Eric Holder for Attorney General - This nominee really spells trouble:
Some Eric Holder History * As a Federal Prosecutor, Holder refused to prosecute FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi or any of his superiors for the murder of Vicky Weaver at Ruby Ridge.
* As Deputy Attorney General under Janet Reno, Holder was in charge of defending and covering up for the government in the Waco Massacre.
* Holder was the official in charge of the Elian Gonzales affair and ordered the pre-dawn SWAT raid to seize the 6-year old Cuban refugee from the home of relatives who had legal custody of the boy.
* After the terrorist attacks of 9-11, in which the terrorists used box-knives and airplanes as their weapons, Holder called for new restrictions on firearms sales and transfers.
* In the Heller case, Holder signed on to an amicus brief arguing in support of the DC gun ban and the "collective right" theory of the Second Amendment.
* Holder has called for federal investigation of every firearm transfer -- even between relatives -- and the registration and licensing of all firearm and firearm owners.
* Holder has called for federal restrictions and controls on the internet and limits on internet speech and privacy as well.
* Holder handled Clinton's pardon of a group of Puerto Rican terrorists who murdered a number of people in New York City as well as the pardon of billionaire tax evader Marc Rich (the man who created the petroleum "spot market" -- the system which recently drove gas prices over $5.00 a gallon.)
* Holder has been an outspoken advocate of stricter gun control, greater government control, and more police powers.
Btw, those too young to have lived through the brutal heavy-handedness of the Clinton administration - Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzalez - might do well to brush up on history. While the Dinosaur Media has worked hard for eight years to convince you that the Bush administration is morally evil for detaining suspected terrorists at Guantanamo Bay and tapping their phone calls - thus keeping us safe since 9/11 - they gave a pass to Clinton as we watched on our TVS the Branch Davidians, including women and children, go up in flames because they were guilty of belonging to a cult.
That anyone associated with this kind of brutality is being considered as Attorney General under a president who is already well-poised to take totalitarian control and who has suggested a national security force should certainly alarm the citizenry.
Then there is Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State - a role which she definitely could pull off. However, there is the small matter of her husband's turning international fund raising into an art form along with a history - his and hers - of Chinese money laundering from during their presidential campaigns.
Bill has had eight years of free-wheeling around the globe with millions and millions collected from foreign interests. Given these entanglements and conflicts of interest, how in the world could Hillary be considered for Secretary of State?
Why isn't ANYONE speaking up in opposition to these very obviously dangerous choices?
Hey Barbara! Can you give your source for the first bullet point?? I'm interested! Thanks so much!!
http://www.greatdreams.com/waconews.htm has a collection of news articles from that episode. Holder was Reno's top aide and he was responsible for recusing the individual who would have provided the most damaging evidence against the Attorney General and US government.
Can you imagine if something like this had happened on Bush's watch????
Posted by: Jamie | January 18, 2009 2:43 PM
Thanks!! But I was interested in the Ruby Ridge info. :) Although the Waco info in interesting (and depressing), too!
Posted by: Jamie | January 19, 2009 10:46 AM