June 8, 2009 3:42 PM

If looks could kill - Michelle Obama, Carla Sarkozy

Taken at the D-Day memorial 6/6 - you know, the one where they forgot to invite the Queen of England, who is the only living head of state who actually served during World War II.  The one where Gordom Brown slipped and called it Obama Beach instead of Omaha Beach? And before the Obamas jetted off to France where they had decided in advance not to accept President and First Lady Sarkozy's invitation to dinner:

michelle carla.jpg
I'm just sayin' . . . .

Posted in Obama Nation | Permalink

Comments

Indeed!
She is one angry human being.
I sure wish she would get rid of that chip on her shoulder.

Posted by: Amelia | June 8, 2009 4:44 PM

*snort* Wow. I sure hope that was a just bad timing. Michelle needs to work a little harder at maintaining a pleasant expression on her face, methinks.

Posted by: Lucy | June 8, 2009 4:53 PM

Michelle Obama's thinking, "Quit lookin at my man or I'll kill you!" :)

Posted by: Libby | June 8, 2009 5:04 PM

Is there a chance this is a photo shop job ?

I'm just thinking the person who submitted this may not be truthful.

How can we know ?

Posted by: Cynthia | June 8, 2009 5:33 PM

It's a Reuters photo: See it at http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emailed-Photos/ss/1756;_ylt=A9G_b7JUly1KlToBBwCaK8MA

Reuters text:

U.S first lady Michelle Obama and France's First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy attend a ceremony to mark the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy at Colleville-sur-Mer cemetery, June 6, 2009.
REUTERS/Philippe Wojazer (FRANCE POLITICS ANNIVERSARY)

Posted by: Barbara | June 8, 2009 6:13 PM

I posted it on FB last night with the title:

A picture is worth 1,000 words!

Posted by: Leslie Hanks | June 8, 2009 7:49 PM

Wow! That's quite an unflattering photo.

Posted by: Sue | June 8, 2009 9:30 PM

what in the world could they possibly have against the Sarkozy's? Why not accept a dinner invitation? (I am sure I have missed something...)

Kristy in Germany

Posted by: Kristy in Germany | June 9, 2009 4:21 AM

I thought they hired an image consultant to get rid of her "angry eyebrows". (sorry, help thinking about Veggie Tales.)

Pretty is as pretty does.

Posted by: Sooz | June 9, 2009 7:44 AM

Thank you, Anonymous.

The picture is awfully awful then isn't it, showing the need for a bit of civility coaching.

[from Barbara: did my verification come through as Anonymous? It was me, just trying to use a shortcut reply button instead of going the long way around to make a reply. I guess I won't do that anymore - I'm NEVER anonymous, on principle :)]

Posted by: Cynthia | June 9, 2009 7:50 AM

Contrast this picture with the one of Michelle shopping in Paris. Quite the different lady there.

Am I old fashioned at 41 to think that white is inappropriate for a memorial service for what was a slaughter of men that day on Omaha Beach?

I could be wrong, but Michelle may prefer an event that feature her on center stage over one that honours others.

Posted by: kelly | June 9, 2009 3:36 PM

@Cynthia:

"Civility Coaching?" Really? If she needs coaching in how to be civil, then she already has a real problem, doesn't she?

Posted by: fossten | August 29, 2012 7:42 AM