July 18, 2009 11:37 AM

Obama Health care: home visits for forced immunization

CNS News (Cybercast News Service) offers "an alternative to the liberal media, focusing on stories that are unreported, under-reported, or misreported by the mainstream press."

Thank God for CNS! You can bookmark, receive a daily email, or link to CNS from my News & Analysis section in the right sidebar.

Another portent of things to come if we give the government control of our health care: home visits to force immunization. Folks, this is not mad conspiracy theory - read the bill yourself (615 pages, so far)

Health Care Bill Will Fund State Vaccine Teams to Conduct 'Interventions' in Private Homes Thursday, July 16, 2009 By Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

(CNSNews.com) - There is a knock at the front door. Peeking through the window, a mother sees a man and a woman, both in uniform. They are agents of health-care reform.

"Excuse me, ma'am," says the man. "Our records show that your eleven-year-old daughter has not been immunized for genital warts."

"And your four-year-old still needs the chicken-pox vaccine," says the woman.

"He will not be allowed to start kindergarten unless he gets that shot, you know," says the man--smiling from ear to ear.

"So, can we please come in?" asks the woman. "We have the vaccines right here," she says, lifting up a black medical bag. "We can give your kids the shots right now."

"We are from the government," says the man, "and we're here to help."

Is this a scene from the over-heated imagination of an addlepated conspiracy theorist? Or is it something akin to what is actually envisioned by the health-care reform bill approved this week by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee.

The committee's official summary of the bill says: "Authorizes a demonstration program to improve immunization coverage. Under this program, CDC will provide grants to states to improve immunization coverage of children, adolescents, and adults through the use of evidence-based interventions. States may use funds to implement interventions that are recommended by the Community Preventive Services Task Force, such as reminders or recalls for patients or providers, or home visits."

Home visits? What exactly is the state going to do when it sends people to "implement interventions" in private homes designed "to improve immunization coverage of children"?

The draft of the bill posted on the committee Web site provides more details.

Title III of the bill is entitled, "Improving the Health of the American People." It includes four subtitles. They are: "Subtitle A: Modernizing Disease Prevention of Public Health Systems," "Subtitle B: Increasing Access to Clinical Preventive Services," "Subtitle C: Creating Healthier Communities," and "Subtitle D: Support for Prevention and Public Health Information."

Read entire article here.

Posted in Health, Obama Nation | Permalink

Comments

The wording here is frighteningly vague. It simply says that they will provide states with money to visit people in their homes. How that will work is presumably up to the state, which could conceivably go very wrong.

I don't know if you noticed, but funds are also provided for home visits for maternal and prenatal care, leading us down the same path as Canada and Australia where the hospital sends a nurse to your home to help you learn to take care of your baby "right." That's terrifying for someone like me who disagrees with the medical prescription for pregnancy, birth, and infancy on virtually every point.

Posted by: Michelle Potter | July 18, 2009 5:32 PM

The House version of the bill includes a home visit program for teaching parenting skills.

Both versions contain sections about school-based clinics, which also scare me.

Posted by: Peggy | July 18, 2009 5:43 PM

Scary just doesn't describe my disgust at this article. I don't care what liberals think of vaccines... I find some of them personally abhorrent because they are made with the DNA of aborted babies. Where is my personal freedom and my parental freedom to make the right choices for my children?

2010 can't come fast enough to elect new people into Congress and 2012 can't come fast enough to get this retard out of office.

Posted by: dirtdartwife | July 19, 2009 3:35 PM

I'm just horrified that this is happening in America. Here is Australia, it's still pressured, but it's still our choice. If we don't vaccinate, then when there is an outbreak, our kiddies have to stay at home. But schools cannot discriminate.

I'm using Isaac Golden's 25 year research on Homeopathy for natural disease prevention (but only of the biggie diseases). His website is at http://www.homstudy.net/ - any homepath can provide the collection of pills needed to run the 5 year programme. If you want the programme schedule, email me at trace_hemley@yahoo.com - I can send you the word document. He is a researcher at an Australian leading University and has his pHd in this.

All the best,
Tracey

Posted by: Tracey Hemley | July 19, 2009 4:59 PM

Dirtdartwife,

I share your disgust at the morally evil means used to create certain vaccines, but I wanted to offer a clarification of how abortion and vaccines are linked.

It's inaccurate to say that some vaccines are "made with the DNA of aborted babies." The DNA really has nothing to do with the process. It is true, however, that some vaccines were originally created by using tissue from aborted fetuses (there are no vaccines that require a continual use or supply of tissue or DNA from aborted fetuses). There was a great post on another blog that offered details of how this was done and what vaccines are implicated, so I thought I'd throw this out there for those who are interested:

Posted by: Elizabeth B. | July 20, 2009 1:04 PM

If the current socialist administration and congress thinks they can just walk up to people's front door with impunity and demand entrance to vaccinate children without parents' permission, I have some humble advice, make sure you have a steady stream of health-care bots. I sincerely believe this will trigger a revolt that current thinking can not comprehend.

Posted by: Silence Dogood | November 8, 2009 1:15 PM