September 1, 2009 12:16 PM

Obama to address public school students September 8

[September 17 Update: A lot has happened since this blog entry - and there has been much misrepresentation in the media.  For an up-to-date and factual summary of the background of this controversy, see Loudoun Public Schools, Obama address - a summary.]

[Update:  Looking for letter ideas?  See mine to our Superintendent and School Board, and to the principals of my kids' schools. Our school district agreed not to interrupt the class day for this en masse presentation, though they will tape it for later use for those individual teachers who wish to use it.

Also see my 9/3 article in Pajamas Media

And I Pledge Allegiance to Barack Obama to find out why you need to make public school oversight top priority from now on.]

These people are so cunning!!!!  This must be stopped.  Obama may be President, but he is a political figure constantly in campaign mode. And as noted in the letter below from Education Secretary Duncan to school principals, no president has ever done this before.  That's because this kind of political access to the minds of our young people smacks of propaganda and Big Brotherism.

Please contact your local school board, your representatives and the White House to stop this plan before it starts.

I personally will keep my kids out of school September 8 if they are to become the target of Obama Propaganda.

[update: the Obamadoctrination begins at 1PM, but there are recommended classroom activities and discussions which are supposed to be followed before and after - see Part 3 and Part 4.  Also see Part 2 for a sample letter to my school district and board.]

Below is the letter from Secretary Duncan, which contains click-throughs for Classroom Activities to reinforce the Wisdom of Our Glorious Leader:

Letter From Secretary Arne Duncan to School Principals
August 26, 2009

Classroom Activities
Grades preK-6
download files  PDF (64K) | MS Word (32K)
Grades 7-12
download files  PDF (108K) | MS Word (80K)

Please note that the time of this speech has changed to 12:00 noon eastern standard time.

Dear Principal:

In a recent interview with student reporter, Damon Weaver, President Obama announced that on September 8 -- the first day of school for many children across America -- he will deliver a national address directly to students on the importance of education. The President will challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take responsibility for their learning. He will also call for a shared responsibility and commitment on the part of students, parents and educators to ensure that every child in every school receives the best education possible so they can compete in the global economy for good jobs and live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens.

Since taking office, the President has repeatedly focused on education, even as the country faces two wars, the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression and major challenges on issues like energy and health care. The President believes that education is a critical part of building a new foundation for the American economy. Educated people are more active civically and better informed on issues affecting their lives, their families and their futures.

This is the first time an American president has spoken directly to the nation's school children about persisting and succeeding in school. We encourage you to use this historic moment to help your students get focused and begin the school year strong. I encourage you, your teachers, and students to join me in watching the President deliver this address on Tuesday, September 8, 2009. It will be broadcast live on the White House website www.whitehouse.gov 12:00 noon eastern standard time.

In advance of this address, we would like to share the following resources: a menu of classroom activities for students in grades preK-6 and for students in grades 7-12. These are ideas developed by and for teachers to help engage students and stimulate discussion on the importance of education in their lives. We are also staging a student video contest on education. Details of the video contest will be available on our website www.ed.gov in the coming weeks.

On behalf of all Americans, I want to thank our educators who do society's most important work by preparing our children for work and for life. No other task is more critical to our economic future and our social progress. I look forward to working with you in the months and years ahead to continue improving the quality of public education we provide all of our children.

Sincerely,

Arne Duncan

Folks, this is scheduled for the day after Labor Day - our first day back at school.  Today is Tuesday.  I am contacting the PR person for Loudoun County Schools NOW.  Please spend the rest of the day spreading the word to other families you know all over the country.  Everyone start contacting your officials to see if they are going to follow the Obama Party Line.

If they are, than perhaps there will be others like me who send their kids back to school September 9 rather than September 8.

Please leave comments to share what you have learned.

Posted in Obama Nation, Public schools | Permalink

Comments

I definitely would not want my kids watching this in a public school setting, but I'm thinking I am going to have them watch it in our homeschool. It might be a very good opportunity for some good discussions about politics, this administration, and some of the problems I have with the public school system.

Posted by: Michelle Potter | September 1, 2009 1:34 PM

Thanks for the update! I will be checking my school district's website to see if they say anything about this. (Hate to sound cynical, but I doubt it.) I'm off Tuesday...maybe I'll sit in one of my kids' classes and listen along.

I just stumbled upon your site, and I really like it! I'm a Catholic convert, too. Came home officially on June 29 of 2008-St. Peter's Day. I'm a single mom working to raise my kids in the truth of the Church. It's not easy, but with God's grace we Catholic parents can do it.

God Bless!

Posted by: Michelle | September 1, 2009 1:48 PM

This is amazing. I too will keep my child home from school that day UNLESS I know what specific time this is to occur. If I can find out what time and how long this will happen, I'll send my child to school AFTER its over. If there's no way to find out, my child isn't going at all.

Posted by: Julie | September 1, 2009 3:16 PM

We should call this day "Freedom from Oppression Day", Sept. 8. A holiday to keep kids home and away from this indoctrinating egomaniac. Keep the kids home and read them the Constitution or some of the works of our forefathers.

Posted by: Joe Diaz | September 1, 2009 3:34 PM

Welcome home, Michelle.

Posted by: Sue from Buffalo | September 1, 2009 4:26 PM

I worry that our president, who was praised by a powerful muslim leader, as a, "muslim messiah who has the gift of captivating the minds of young people", will use this as an opportunity to influence my child on a spiritual level. With his true faith so ambiguous, I would never allow access to the minds of my young impressionable children without knowing and TRUSTING the speaker. As I do not feel I know Obama and certainly don't trust him, I will not be allowing access to their minds. Thank you for posting this.

Posted by: Laurie from Alaska | September 1, 2009 5:31 PM

How will the teachers feel about this?
They've already lost so much autonomy in the classroom.
It's going to take even more time from content instruction.
It's kind of bizarre to think of this going on all across the country at the same time, breaking into lunch, academics, gym, or the arts time.

Will teachers be allowed to say anything critical about the message, or the "medium"? ("The medium is the message," which seems to be that school children are now an audience captive to the President, which seems to be what is disturbing you. . . . ?)

Posted by: Julana | September 1, 2009 6:16 PM

How dare he tell kids to work hard and stay in school! Outrageous...

[That's the Trojan Horse, ben my friend. The real point here is to begin the process of building trust - and in the hands of sympatico teachers, adulation - in young, vulnerable minds. The real point is to assert unconstitutional executive authority to begin systematic brainwashing of children.

Check my other posts for specific language in question.

And thanks for giving me an opportunity to clarify what for some superficial readers must be confusing.]

Posted by: ben | September 1, 2009 6:49 PM

I stumbled across your site while trying to find information about this "speech". Consider yourself bookmarked. My kids will be absent that day as well....most likely with a 24 hour swine flu virus.

Posted by: Julie | September 1, 2009 8:03 PM

My daughter WILL NOT be attending class on September 8... period.

Posted by: Painesright | September 1, 2009 8:42 PM

I am a public school teacher and will be outraged if I have to provide access to this indoctrination. If he wants to address the children of America, let him be so bold as do it in the evening and request parents watch with their children. But that would be too transparent, now, wouldn't it? It would be soooo much better to do it during a school day when they are subjected to a message before a parent can screen it, and where a teacher can comment and "guide" before the child goes home. Keep your children home!

Posted by: Jennifer | September 1, 2009 8:54 PM

I do believe my children will be better served by keeping them home and reading them a copy of our constitution. Perhaps even our declaration of independence which I do believe was a document to free us from the hands of tyranny! My children will be subjected to this over my dead body!

Posted by: julie | September 1, 2009 9:08 PM

I'm somewhat amazed by the comments. Is not Catholicism also a form of indoctrination? Spirituality without organized religion isn't so bad; good people who follow the Golden Rule expounded by all the major religions is something we need more of in our world. Open minds as well.

Imagine, a President speaking to children (oh yeah, he has two) and inspiring them to do their best. The last one set up No Child Left Behind and left 'em. Probably don't need to remind all that the greatest influence in a child's life is the parent- too bad some aren't involved and the teachers have to take up the slack- not an easy task. Why not be positive and constructive in criticism? If the Pledge of Allegiance were dropped from schools many of those who commented would be up in arms- a bit confusing. Critical thinking is only possible when many perspectives are investigated; it's not black and white. I'd be more worried about the TV shows, commercials, and video games kids are watching. Now that's brainwashing!

Posted by: Joanne | September 2, 2009 12:10 AM

It would seem that he merely wishes to inspire them to work hard in school. That's nice. But let's not forget: as the President, and representative of the Executive Branch of the US government, how is ANY of this HIS business? It certainly isn't under his constitutional jurisdiction!

If children need to be inspired to work hard in school, it should come from those who know and love them: parents, teachers, and their local community. American children should NOT be encouraged to find inspiration and purpose by working hard in school because "Our Supreme Leader, the President of the United States", says so!

Rather, they need to be taught that WE, THE PEOPLE, are the bosses of all branches of government, including the American President, and HE serves US, not the other way around!

One suggested activity in the teacher handout is to have students "write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president."

Excuse Me?? As American citizens, it is our job to hold government accountable, NOT to to fall in line behind his "inspiring" agenda and "help" him achieve his goals!

This is a dangerous precedent, and it sends our kids the wrong message about the role of the president and our government in their lives.

Posted by: Rachel | September 2, 2009 1:03 AM

More propaganda for KIDS now from our Dear Leader. When I studied Russian, we learned that the Communists had a political instruction 'teacher' assigned to each military base and public school to monitor and enforce Communist doctrine. They even had a name for this: Zampolit (Zamestitel Politicheskaya Zanyatia). Obama is BIG on YOUR kids getting the Swine Flu vaccine, which is by any measure, experimental and investigational. Let's see him and Michelle lead by example and have THEIR daughters Sasha and Malia get in line early AT THEIR SCHOOL for this gift to big pharma... By the way, did Michelle and their kids get the HPV vaccine yet, (you know.. the er, uh, 'Cervical Cancer Cure'? DOUBT IT. Michelle demands 100% organic foods at the White House, but Barry's FDA pushes irradiated, genetically modified Frankenfoods for YOUR family.

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2009 1:36 AM

I agree with most people here that it's not the content of the message, but that the message is being sent at all. I wouldn't care if it was George Washington himself come back from the dead wanting to speak to my children without me present. A president does not and should not have this kind of access- schooling has always been taken care of on a state-wide and local level. The federal standards that have been set lately (NCLB) have technically been an infringement as well.

On another level too, these "pre-speech" exercises express the wrong kind of attitude to have toward the government. Asking children what they can do to help the president only opens their mind to service to him (as opposed to service to your COUNTRY) even more. Even if our president were a saint and his message totally innocent and innocuous, the canned activities encourage the wrong kind of attitude towards our government. Our government only has authority because we give them authority (through voting), and therefore the government's main purpose is service to the people. Instead these canned activities promote service to the president. That's why so many are objecting to the speech being shown in schools along with these indoctrination exercises.

Why couldn't these activities ask the children what they can do to help their schoolmates or their teachers or their communities or even their country by being better students? To me, asking them to think about service to their president is encouraging the same kind of adulation a king would expect and is completely un-American.

As for religious indoctrination per Joanne, for the Christian faith, service to one another is definitely encouraged, and yes, we are asked to do things for our fellow neighbor and the least in society in the name of Jesus. HOWEVER, Jesus made it VERY CLEAR to us that those who wish to lead, must be the FIRST TO SERVE. (He also was the first to die on a cross for us sinners.)

Obama requesting the service of our school children is a distortion of what a true leader should be requesting. Instead, he should be asking the students and teachers what HE can do to make their learning experience better on a national level. President Obama is very adept at taking something somewhat innocent sounding and laying in a subtle yet subversive message within it.

We should all at the least be wary of this exercise.

Posted by: Sarah | September 2, 2009 8:55 AM

A comment on No Child Left Behind: It didn't leave my children behind. Because of No Child Left Behind, my daughters were able to receive services (speech and learning disability testing) at the public school that had previously turned us away because we were homeschooling. So, No Child Left Behind did have a positive impact.

Posted by: Laurie | September 2, 2009 9:06 AM

Please note...it looks like they have already changed the time for the speech to 12:00pm EST.
BEWARE...they may change it again to confuse us
parents. I am keeping my kids home all day...no
chance they will see it!

Posted by: Jennifer | September 2, 2009 10:16 AM

I will be receiving an email shortly from our local district that was sent to all districts about the speech. Will link when I receive it.

Posted by: Matt | September 2, 2009 12:40 PM

I have faxed the Obamanation vanity administration and the State of OK Dept of Public Instruction. I called the local school admin office and have e-mailed several OK newspapers of this coming propaganda broadcast. B.A., OK schools believe he will give a civic lesson. HA! I agree that parents who do not want their children indoctrinated by the Marxism of this act and contact should keep them at home. No prayer in school, don't mention God, no Christmas trees and no nativity scenes - but communist, socialist indoctrination is welcomed. I am 64 years old and never thought for one moment that something of this destructive magnitude would ever happen in the wonderful country - the land of those who used to be free.

Posted by: Peggy | September 2, 2009 4:55 PM

The debate over whether "No Child Left Behind" has helped or hurt is irrelevent, because it was unconstitutional to begin with. So is the entire Department of Education, along with several other federal agencies that have been created along the way.

Our constitution does not grant the federal government the right to fund, regulate, control or otherwise stick its nose in education AT ALL.

The Federal Government has only 17 specific responsibilities placed under its jurisdiction in the constitution. Everything it does and all powers it tries to exert outside of those 17 duties is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Per the 10th Amendment, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Education is the jurisdiction of the PEOPLE and the STATES, NOT the federal government! Obama and the rest of his Big Government cronies don't care about the constitutional restrictions of their office (and neither have most of our presidents since Woodrow Wilson).

It's time to get back to our constitution, before all our liberties are lost!

Posted by: Rachel | September 2, 2009 6:29 PM

THIS is why my child does not attend public school!

Posted by: Karyn | September 2, 2009 6:35 PM

I have 8 grandchildren; 5 of whom live with me. We were wondering why the Moore Oklahoma School System was already having an In Service day on 8 Sep. Now we know why. Thank you Moore School System and God Bless You. It is ridiculous to think that we would be required to choose either to "make" our children go to school and listen to someone whom many disagree with, speak on something that should be a no brainer (because most parents already talk to their children about the importance of a good education), or have them miss a day of school in order to not be subjected to this. We applaud you, Moore Oklahoma School System in your wisdom to call for an In Service Day so that this choice would not have to be made.

Posted by: Carolyn | September 2, 2009 8:54 PM

I could not believe it when I saw this! It made me glad that 1) I am no longer a teacher and 2) that my child is not of school age yet. My husband thinks this is a great idea, but it just makes my skin crawl to think of it! So many comments I've read talk about the infringment this is on OUR parental rights, and I agree. But the scarier part is when you look really closely at the teacher companion to his speech. I agree with everyone who is outraged at the language of these activities. Hopefully, the absentee lists from schools across America will show our outrage!

Posted by: Karen | September 2, 2009 9:55 PM

The woman who told me about this latest Obamination was concerned that this is not a one day event. Does anyone know if we should be looking forward to regular doses of indoctrination from The Beloved Leader? If that turns out to be the case, we'll be looking into home schooling ASAP! My only hope is that this sort of thing will make people wake up and stop buying what he's selling.

Posted by: Joan | September 2, 2009 10:11 PM

[Though I publish opposing viewpoints, I do not publish ad hominem attacks by drive-by snipers.

If you would like to reframe your perspective in a logical, respectful way, I will be happy to publish it.

This blog has higher standards than many you may be used to frequenting.]

Posted by: matty | September 3, 2009 12:22 AM

This blog has higher standards than many you may be used to frequenting.]

Posted by: Lori | September 3, 2009 12:32 AM

Parents should be very concerned, if you check out California the School Board and the Government knows best not the parents. When one school board decided to teach about homosexuality in the form of tolerance therefore not needing parental consent even for kindergartners it went to the Calif. Sup. Court and the court ruled that the parents had not rights and the schools knew best. Now in Alameda Schools this year they are teaching this and the parents CAN NOT stop them.
So parents need to be very careful or our children will be lead down a path we do not want them to go.
Pray for this country.

Posted by: Linda | September 3, 2009 1:27 AM

At a time in our nation when 30 percent of our children drop out of high school, and another 50 percent do not finish college, is keeping your child home on his/her first day of school because of a controversial presidential address truly prudent to your child's education?

At the very least, consider attending and viewing the presidential address with them, so you are aware of what he is saying to your children.

Posted by: V | September 3, 2009 9:17 AM

How dare he come in here and try to change everything. Who does he think he is? Thats the problem with this world today, they are taking away the parents rights to decide what is best for their kids. They cant discipline them without the government getting involved. Now he wants to tell us that are kids have to watch him on tv. That is the problem with the government today. Back in the old days when the government did not get into your personal business, you did not see kids killing each other and you did not see all the gangs either. I guess we need to revert back to the old days. My kids will not go to school and listen to man who has never been in the military and defended our country, let alone shake the hands of the men who do.

Posted by: AMANDA | September 3, 2009 9:41 AM

[A reminder: I do not publish comments which contain ad hominem attacks, indicate a lack of reading the actual text (that only confuses the discussion), or are in any way insulting or rude.]

Posted by: kscragg | September 3, 2009 6:04 PM

[comment deleted because it contained false accusations of racism and hate, indicating the reader wasn't interested in listening respectfully to those who disagree with Obama's policies.

See Are Obama opponents racist? ]

Posted by: Teresa Meyers | September 3, 2009 10:18 PM

I am so glad my children go to a school district where reverence for the constitution and the rights of parents is not only revered but adhered to. Lewisville School District in Texas has two of the highest ranked schools academically in the nation and this is the reason why. They placed the following message in their front page to squelch any fears that may have arisen from their well educated and loving parents.

â– Sept. 8 - President Obama's address to students
In order to not interrupt instructional learning, the District will not be participating in President Obama’s live broadcast on Sept. 8. However, once the speech has been archived, a link will be provided on the District Web site to allow students and their families to access the speech at home.

I love Flower Mound and Lewisville. Great families, great schools, and great people. They care more about the instructional learning taking place in the schools and know that it is more important than a day with the president. We do need to pray for our schools and the students they influence.

Posted by: Kimbell | September 4, 2009 5:39 AM

[ Jack, it's obvious you didn't read anything here thoroughly, You have no substantive thoughts on why it is acceptable for the Executive branch of the government to inject itself into schools which are supposed to be run locally - nor why the White House should be allowed to create curriculum for 50 million students glorifying the President as though we were a banana republic.

That said, I will let you have your say here and others can respond.]]

A little paranoid aren't we. I'm shocked at the outrage over this...he's encouraging your kids to stay in school and set educational goals...this isn't indoctrination.

Let me ask this question....by keeping your kids home this day what are you teaching your kids. ONLY my views have value and if you don't agree with someone...don't try to dialogue with them instead boycott them. Do you really want your kids hating anyone who doesn't think like they do? Isn't this what has led to so many wars over the years?

I'm not saying you should not monitor what is being said to them but instead of boycotting, let them watch...and you watch to and then talk with them about it at home....use it to educate them...teach them to think not hide!

Posted by: Jack Fussell | September 4, 2009 10:23 AM

Actually I do have thoughts on this and I have read some of your stuff...honestly I don't buy into the whole "hate anyone I oppose" mentality so I have to take it in doses.

[Jack, I'm cutting your comment here because you have just violated one of the boundaries I've set up for discussion at MommyLife: to not accuse those who have profound philosophical and political differences with the current administration of hatred - particularly after we have taken so much time to clearly articulate and document the logical foundation for our opinion.

The Left may continue the lazy tactic of trying to control discussion and dissent through charges of "racism" and "hatred" - but it will not fly here.

All it proves is that you are not at all interested in why parents might object to indoctrination tactics and the cult of personality being foisted on our children. You are here simply to defend Your Guy.]

Posted by: Jack Fussell | September 4, 2009 12:19 PM

Jack, I think I agree with you on a few points: teaching children to think and not to hide, and also that parents should watch this material with their children and guide them through it carefully- as they should with anything in the media.

That being said, it's not too paranoid to be suspicious of the aims and goals of a very left wing (possibly Communist) President who is creating a personality cult around himself. His kind of charisma combined with activities for 7 year olds to "ask what you can do to help the President" and reflect on "what you think the President is saying to you" in an unsupervised and little publicized announcement to all gradeschool children smacks of a desperate man seeking attention and adulation from our young children.

To respond directly to your claims, it's not necessarily the content of the message or the surrounding activities (although those alone give many pause), it's the way this broadcast is being put on. There's little notification (we've only one week's notice), happens during the day when most parents are working and cannot supervise their children, and the fact that it is taking away from precious instructional time in the class room.

If this were advertised 2 weeks in advance on every major network television program (I couldn't even find this on Yahoo news until today!) and the webcast conducted after 5pm, then it would not be something to worry or be paranoid about.

The fact that working parents have little choice if their school disctrict decides to participate in this activity just makes my skin crawl. Again, to echo a previous commenter, to have a field trip or special speaker in the school requires permission slips. Where is the consent form for this propaganda?

Posted by: Sarah | September 4, 2009 12:26 PM

Wow, so you don't allow free speech on your site...ironic.

[Excuse me, Jack. Free speech doesn't mean that a private citizen who has set up a blog with a clearly defined objective - broadcasting my own views - cannot edit comments.

You may exercise your free speech on your own blog or other places of your choosing.

As a professional writer, I take my knocks elsewhere. This is - as I said - a place I have created to share whatever's on my mind. If you don't like it, rather than searching for a way to beat the system, I suggest you go to the blog next door.

But I also suggest you brush up on your critical thinking skills http://mommylife.net/archives/2008/07/critical_thinki.html

Posted by: Jack Fussell | September 4, 2009 12:52 PM

I'd also like to add that I don't hate the President. Why would you accuse us of that? We disagree strongly with what he has done and said. We don't trust him. But hate? Don't bother even trying to hit me over the head with that word. I pray for the man. I pray the the right people meet up with him and that his heart is opened to listen. Do you hate everyone you disagree with strongly? Maybe that's why you're accusing us of "hate."

Posted by: Sue from Buffalo | September 4, 2009 12:59 PM

Well said, Joanne! Since when is it a President's job to be in charge of Education, Healthcare, and Monetary Policy? Isn't he/she supposed to take charge exclusively of the military? And how is THAT working out so far? Wheres the change, and bringing our troops home from these illegal wars. NO MORE BLOOD SHED!!!

Love and forgiveness is the ONLY way to everlasting peace!
Please pray for peace.

Posted by: Marie | September 4, 2009 2:15 PM

PolitiFact rates the basis for this uproar as "Pants on Fire" -- just to put it simply.

[Gosh, Heather, I guess I'll just curl up in a fetal position and cry myself to sleep and promise never to blog anymore . . . Beyond LOL]

Posted by: Heather | September 4, 2009 3:03 PM

Jack, you're complaining about freedom of speech???

Don't you understand what that means? It's freedom. Not license. You are not allowed to come onto someone else's blog and break their rules. In this case it's not a rule against disagreement (as there are lots of people who are quite able to post their disagreement here). It's the rule of civility.

When you walk into someone's house, do you say whatever you feel like saying because you have "freedom of speech?" And then say "how ironic that I can't say whatever I feel like" when they kick you out?

Come on!! Time to grow up. Barbara is quite fine with having you voice your opposition as long as you follow her rules.

Don't accuse us of hatred when all we're doing is strongly disagreeing with President Obama's policies and statements.

No name-calling. Act with civility.

Did I get it all, Barbara? After all, this is like your home.

Posted by: Sue from Buffalo | September 4, 2009 3:38 PM

Barbara and Sue,

Well said !! I think Barbara handles these hypocrites very well. Certainly better than I think they deserve. I'm just grateful she can put up with them . . . and keep her humor, too. lol

Posted by: dee | September 4, 2009 4:01 PM

I've seen quoted in several news articles that Obama actually isn't the first president to do this, and that George HW Bush had a similar televised address to schoolchildren in 1991 (Here's one article that mentions it: http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/09/some-school-districts-in-texas-illinois-minnesota-missouri--virginia-and-wisconsin-as-well-as-other-states-have-decided-n.html) at which time Democrats were the ones accusing the president of using tax payer money to send political messages to children while Republicans claimed that having the president encourage kids to work hard and stay in school was a good thing.

More than anything else, this just makes me despise partisan politics.

Posted by: Scarlett | September 5, 2009 1:43 AM

This present President is not the only President to speak to school kids. There are such high tech ways of communications in this time which we live. I also think that parents should talk with their kids about this speech. BUt let's all remember not every kid in America has loving Christian parents who really care about what happens to our children. My children are grown and I have no little ones around any longer. So I pray for all Christian Parents of TODAY that God will guide them and care for them and give them the WISDOM THEY NEED TO RAISE THEIR CHILDREN TO BE LOVING CHRISTIAN AMERICAN CITIZENS.......Rebecca Wold

Posted by: Rebecca Wold | September 7, 2009 5:37 PM