September 26, 2009 8:19 AM

Your input on Glenn Beck, please

Beck_12.27.jpg I've been asked to write an article on Glenn Beck to appear in juxtaposition to an article that is rather negative in tone.

Since I have not watched his TV show regularly - though I've seen lots of forwarded clips - and since many of you have mentioned how much you respect him, I'd like to get your input to include in the article.

My own feeling is that Glenn Beck is doing a great job of representing the people - and that conservative academics do not understand this phenomenon - nor do they respect it as they should.

But don't let that limit your comments - tell me what you think. Why do you watch him? What do you think other conservatives might not understand about him and how would you explain it?

And I will not be reading or printing anything hostile here. We can get plenty of that from Uncle TOM (Tired Old Media).

Btw, for those of you who saw the show last night, wasn't it great to see the lie busted that only angry white men are political dissenters?

Posted in Entertainment, Media Bias | Permalink

Comments

Glenn Beck tends to be very emotional which is fodder for his critics, however it is very hard to dispute his logic. He connects the dots in ways other commentators don't. He is usually the first to bring to a TV audience what is breaking news on the Internet, such as the Van Jones story, ACORN and the NEA scandal.

Posted by: Debbie | September 26, 2009 9:53 AM

I don't watch him regularly because I tend to forget to turn the TV on at that time, but when I can catch him... I love what he says. He presents a problem and why it's a problem. And he does so with fact, conviction and honesty. Some people think he's emotional but I honestly have to say it's compassion and passion all rolled up.

The best part of him is that he's NOT AFRAID. I'm so sick and tired of TOM trying to tell me what to think and feel on situations (like that stupid video yesterday when that lady used a tone of voice to reflect her disdain about the military). I'm tired of the stupid political correctness and Beck knows so many others are as well and has run with it.

Posted by: Dirtdartwife | September 26, 2009 10:01 AM

I watch because he asks the questions Uncle TOM refuses to ask. He understands what the founding fathers meant this country to be and sees how far politicians, both Democrat and Republican, have taken it from those roots. He doesn't blindly condemn the Democrats and blindly praise the Republicans. He calls down each party equally when he sees bad policy.

Posted by: Debbie | September 26, 2009 10:22 AM

I don't watch Glenn every day, but I try to when it fits my schedule. His show is the only show I ever turn on myself - my husband likes O'Reilly but he gets on my nerves personally with his "fair and balanced" garbage. Glenn is the only commentator I'm aware of who isn't afraid to talk about the issues like people in real life do - I think that's why he has become such a phenom lately. Even on Fox, everyone else seems to be very aware of the PC stance on every issue. I do watch Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano as often as possible also, but it is internet only, not on TV. It can be very slow to load though - when it was on only on Wed, I usually couldn't get it to run until Fri. As of last week, it runs daily and I can usually run it the same evening. I personally think that the internet is going to do for government what the printing press did for religion. At least until they find a way to shut it down.

Posted by: Tami | September 26, 2009 11:01 AM

Since moving to Canada, I had to upgrade my cable package to get FOX. It was a neccessity here as, like the U.S., the media is very liberal.

Anyway, I think that part of Glenn Beck's appeal is talking TO his audience, rather than AT them, or even OVER them. He isn't telling anyone WHAT to think and always puts the question back to the viewer after he presents his facts. I think people are tired of being treated like children by the media and welcomes the opportunity to mull ideas and facts over for themselves.

I can only think that people who are off-put by him, are those who think it's best to talk down to their audience/electorate.

Posted by: kelly | September 26, 2009 11:02 AM

Well, I'm a pretty big fan of Glenn's. I'm also a big fan of Rush. They're different in that Rush is more "conservative" and Glenn is more of a libertarian. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I watch most days (I DVR it) and do so because Glenn is funny and quick to point out the hypocrisy of the Uncle TOM media. Glenn is emotional, but hey, some days I feel like crying over it all. I sometimes get upset because he gets so down on Republicans, since I feel that's our only side at this point. But I do understand where he's coming from, since Bush did increase spending substantially, which I was always against. Overall, Glenn is informative and entertaining. He also says what many, many Americans are feeling and I think that's why he has gotten such great and growing ratings.

Posted by: Bethany | September 26, 2009 11:17 AM

I would also add that conservative academics like Peggy Noonan (what happened to her?!) George Will, and unfortunately, George Bush are not truly conservative. They are progressive conservatives. That's why I always hated the term "Compassionate Conservative". It inherently implies that "Conservatism" is not compassionate.

Posted by: Bethany | September 26, 2009 11:23 AM

For my take on Glenn Beck see my blogpost:

Posted by: Dorothy | September 26, 2009 11:42 AM

I appreciate Glenn Beck very much. He has a passion that many of us wish we had. He has an "interesting" past, but who doesn't? I appreciate his honesty and ability to say the things others think. Last night as I watched "A Mother's Challenge" here in Alaska, it struck me that it's all about the mommies. Glenn is on at 1:00 pm EST and 4:00 pm PST. Who is in the majority that is home during that time of day? The stay-at-home conservative mom who has chosen to be there for her kids, raising them with conservative values, possibly homeschooling, but always concerned about her child's future. It is an amazing form of feminism because they have chosen to put their children first in their lives. These are women who would do anything for their kids. These women are smart and could have any job, but have chosen the ultimate and most important job of mother. Glenn Beck has given intelligent, hardworking, stay-at-home moms the "permission" to speak out. In the past many of them have, but after being told for years that the only way to have a voice is to be a part of the working force, these women are now exercising their right to be heard. When a mother listens to Glenn, she feels empowered. He is a passionate parent, passionate American, passionate about everything. He has reached out to us and told us it's okay to question and to speak out. Women who might otherwise stay home from political gatherings are now attending tea parties and letting their voices be heard. Mothers are the greatest organizers and have gone from organizing birthday parties to organizing tea parties and marches. And they are passing their knowledge and passion onto their kids. It's no accident that Glenn appeals to mothers. Whether this was intended by Glenn I doubt, but last night while watching "A Mother's Challenge," I tweeted this: "Glenn Beck has tapped into a force to be reckoned with - The Conservative Mother!"

Posted by: Tracey Porreca | September 26, 2009 12:03 PM

I watch and love Glenn Beck because he's honest. Because he doesn't act like some pompous ass. Because he can put into words all the things I'm thinking but don't know how to say. He can ask all the questions I am asking, but don't know exactly how to ask. He's had a hard life, he's made some bad decisions...he's normal...he's not afraid to admit it when he's wrong. I also like him because he's funny. He knows how and when to be sarcastic to get a point across.
Liberals can't stand him because he's popular. Because his viewership is higher than all of the left/mainstream media put together. They have to find something wrong with him.
I think he's a breath of fresh air even when politics is old and dusty and full of the same ol...same ol.
That's my 2 cents.

Posted by: Nancy | September 26, 2009 12:35 PM

I listen to his radio show WITH MY homeschooled kids, AND I DVR the show.
I watch him because he's a straight shooter, who is unabashedly bold enough to ask the questions that we need answers to.
I watch him because he's funny and LOGICAL at the same time.
I like him because he admits when he doesn't know something.
I like that he's on the side of the COMMON man. He hasn't forgotten who is, even though he's wildly successful.
You look at him and just know you could have a cup of tea with him, and he'd be a regular guy. He's grounded. He's intelligent. He's just what the country needs. Thank GOD he moved to Fox!!

(and you REALLY need to start watching his show, Barb...)

Posted by: Suzanne Balvanz | September 26, 2009 1:03 PM

I don't have cable anymore, so I rarely get to see Glenn Beck's TV show. That said, I still enjoy his radio program.

He asks the questions that most people, with a "it can't happen here" mentality, never bother to ask. Are we actually headed towards facism and/or socialism? How much are our liberties truly being threatened at this point? Who are these kooks that Obama surrounds himself with, really?

I have to admit, his emotional outbursts make me cringe because (in my opinion) they give his detractors an excuse to write him off as a kook and everything he says as merely blowing off steam or stirring up an angry right wing. Those "emotional" soundbite clips, used in liberal talk shows, make him look like a mad man or conspiracy theorist.

That said, if you never watched him, it would be easy to assume he just throws around terms like "fascism" to get ratings, but he has built such a strong case over time as to prove he knows EXACTLY what he's talking about.

And he's also taken the time to debunk conspiracy theories like the supposed "FEMA detention camps" and "mandatory microchipping in ObamaCare bill", which to me means that he does his research and doesn't just go along with any crazy story coming out of PrisonPlanet or InfoWars.

Posted by: Rachel | September 26, 2009 1:05 PM

I watch Glenn Beck everyday. I DVR him since he comes on at 4 pm in my city, which is very inconvenient. I've watched him regularly for a few years - since at least 2007. I listened to him on the radio before that.

I like him because, while he is humorous, he is not condescending. He treats his subjects respectfully, I don't feel like he's pandering. I can't stand Limbaugh, for example, even when I agree with him, because of Limbaugh's attitude. Hannity is the same way. Beck seems more open minded, more willing to consider that he *might* be wrong, more open to other possibilities. I also don't get the idea that he's just a Republican shill (I stopped listening to Hannity leading up to the election because he, for example, thought we should vote R no matter who the candidate was.)

I suppose it's the Libertarian streak I have. I'm a registered independent, and am more or less conservative. Okay, more, rather than less.

His show is entertaining but not the overblown pompous mocking-from-on-high that I get from other famous conservative hosts.

Also, his guests tend to be more thoughtful.

I like what he's doing with the 9/12 project, attempting to bring people together through a common culture of his principles and values. Refreshing when so much other political discourse is all about division and pigeonholing people.

PS - I was so excited to see you and fellow Houston homeschooler Mary Baker yesterday! But I missed most of it, since the President's speech preempted a good chunk.

Posted by: Milehimama | September 26, 2009 1:13 PM

Glenn Beck is not someone that I can listen to for very long. I can't place a finger on it, but he comes across as smug and condescending to me (at least in the YouTube clips that end up getting played on my computer). Maybe I need to give him another chance.

Is he a libertarian? Probably a developing one. If he is promoting individual freedom and small government at home AND abroad, then that is a message I can stand behind, regardless of who promotes it.

Barbara, thank you so much for your blog!

Posted by: Rachel | September 26, 2009 1:20 PM

Glenn Beck rocks! He "tells it like it is" with emotion. (BTW, he has a special needs child.) Like Rush, he is very encouraging to the small-c conservative movement and makes me laugh instead of cry. It is wonderful that American conservatives have the blessing of alternative media. Glenn calls mainstream media, the "fringe" media.

I can't see "third party" being the way to go without splitting the conservative vote. I think doing what the liberal activists have been doing for years would work better - infiltrating the existing parties. I think the Republican party is worth saving with a return to Reagan-like conservative values and principles.

Posted by: Carol | September 26, 2009 1:34 PM

I only watch Glenn beck on the internet (we don't watch t.v.), I don't watch regularly but I love him every time I watch. I think he's funny and he's not condescending, like so many news anchors on abc, cbs, cnn, msnbc, npr . . .
He asks questions and gets information no body else does or is willing to. He thinks like I do, he's a real person ! I think he's great !

Posted by: dee | September 26, 2009 2:05 PM

I watch Glenn Beck's show everyday (whether live or DVR'd) because I believe he really gets the average person's viewpoint.

I respect that he started out changing his life by educating himself without going to a school or getting a degree to show that he was legitimate. I think that that shows his views to be his own passion, not a way to make money/gather a following.

I appreciate that he faces issues with both passion (which many dismiss as emotionalism) and humor. He also doesn't present the facts which can be rather horrible at times without reminding you that all is not lost if we are willing to work for it.

I also respect the fact that he is not a "respecter of persons". He will challenge a thought or fact regardless of the party affiliation or the label it is seen against. That also includes being honest about not supporting some things which traditional conservatives would expect him to support. He's willing to question everything and then decide where he stands.

Most of all, he speaks to his audience as friends, people with whom he is having a cup of coffee, fellow parents trying to figure out where our children's future is headed.

Thanks for taking the time to go represent us as moms, Barbara! I was able to DVR the late airing of the program and was SO encouraged to see so many moms just like me. :-)

Posted by: Terri | September 26, 2009 2:34 PM

Glenn Beck is a phenomenon because he is completely honest with his audience, he never plays politics, but speaks from the heart and shoots from the hip, ignoring conventional wisdom which even some talk show hosts seem to follow. For example, I think Sean, Rush, and O'Reilly are pro-life but when is the last time they discussed the health care bill with respect to life issues? It's always money and politics with them.
Glenn is in touch with the people and what makes them passionate; like 9-12 Moms.He strikes a chord with the folks. That's why he is a sensation. He deserves it. That's also why the liberal media is focusing on his zaniness, trying to discredit them as they tried to do with Sarah Palin. He's in for a rough time.
Glenn also takes the time to draw upon lessons of history like his chalkboard flow chart on the health care bill and its relationship to the history of eugenics both here and in Nazi Germany. It was outstanding, and outside of Catholic TV programs, and Wesley Smith lectures, practically unprecedented. He is a prophet for our times, declaring the dangers inherent in the Culture of Death.
One last comment; as the mom of a special needs daughter, I know where some of his passion originates; LOVE of his special child. He know what we know, Barb, that if we don't change the Culture of Death, it will destroy our children after we are gone. That's why he was the first to champion the case of Terri Schiavo.
Go Glenn!

Posted by: Leticia Velasquez | September 26, 2009 2:37 PM

I watch or record Glenn just about every day. I think he is very honest. He makes connections between events which few others do. The connections he talks about somtimes seem far fetched, but he practically begs people who know more about the individuals or events to tell him why he is wrong about the patterns he sees. When no one can logically disprove him, he must be telling the truth.
He doesn't hide his past, instead he uses his life as an example of the American ideals of second chances and being able to acomplish one's dreams by not being afraid to work hard and learn from mistakes.

Posted by: Melanie | September 26, 2009 4:06 PM

If you read his life's story you find a man that came out of a bad situation and when he found Jesus it turned his life completely around. I like him because he is honest completely open to show his feelings about things. He truly loves this country and wants to do anything he can to make it a better place. I think, like with Sarah Palin, because he is so honest and good he scares those who are dishonest and sneeky and lie about what's going on. He also has a "Special Needs" child and that gives him insight to some of the other sides of life. He's very emotional and sometimes silly but that is what makes him who he is. I've learn alot from him.........Rebecca Wold

Posted by: Rebecca Wold | September 26, 2009 5:24 PM

I respect Glenn Beck immensely, and am thankful for the work he has done. I DVR his show daily, and put it on late at night while I fold laundry and such.

As someone who has hit the bottom as an alcoholic, he has seen the place where the only things left are what really matters: God, truth and, if you're so blessed, family. Then he made the choice to embrace those things and hold onto them with all his might. As he's pointed out, once you've been there, you realize that there's nothing anyone can do to you or take from you that ultimately means anything, and you become able to, "Question boldly, hold fast to the truth, and speak without fear." He inspires us to do the same.
--He's humble and real.
--He is passionate. He entertains. These, especially in combination, gives his detractors much fodder. That doesn't change the truth of what he says,however, and his style effectively inspires others to listen and get involved.
--He holds to principle and truth above party or politics. Most people are SO tired of partisan rhetoric, and appreciate someone who will follow the truth wherever it may lead, even if it stings or proves them wrong. (As he's said, he wants to be wrong about some of the things we're seeing!)
--He asks excellent, important questions and is logical. ("How did an avowed Communist radical like Van Jones get through to our President? Who vetted him? The FBI? Either they missed all of this and our President is in trouble-- who else might get through??-- or this was intentional, and WE are in trouble.")
--He is informative. Some of the things he covers are being covered-- at least at first-- nowhere else. He makes an effort to "put the cookies on a lower shelf" by breaking down some of the more complex aspects of our financial system so that everyday people can understand and evaluate what's happening for themselves.
--He's self-educated and encourages people to educate themselves as well.

Many conservatives who dislike him don't like his style, somewhat in the same way they don't like Sarah Palin. Their manner and communication is REAL and straight-forward, not intellectualized and put into Beltway-speak-spin. Some don't like the topics and think he goes too far, but these are folks who haven't gotten anything done themselves, and are not bold enough to stand up ask the tough questions. Perhaps they don't recognize the difference in these times in which we are living.

Posted by: Marian | September 26, 2009 5:25 PM

Glenn Beck has given me hope! After the 2008 election I weeped,lost hope for my country and my fellow Americans. I watched Obama tell the American people and the world who he was, who he surrounded himself with and yet we still elected him. When Glenn Beck introduced the 9-12 project I gathered some friends to the house and shared his message.I went to my very first protest on Tax Tuesday and finally saw that I wasn't alone. Glenn has given me resources and given us hope again. I started a Tea Party group in our little town and had 115+ Patriots gathered on Sept. 12th and was featured on the front page of our newspaper. Our group is always growing and it's wonderful to network with like minded people who love this country! We are not alone and yes we surround them, I have seen the fruits of our labor! I have gotten off the couch and feel like I can make a difference!
God bless America!

Posted by: Virginia Neal | September 26, 2009 6:41 PM

I have listened to Glenn's radio show since 9/12/01. I think everyone else has done a great job of describing Glenn and why we like him so much. He is not partisan like other hosts and is more than willing to admit his mistakes or those of whom he has endorsed. He is genuine.

Thanks Barbara, I love your site!

Posted by: Erin | September 26, 2009 6:58 PM

Everyone has already said it much better than I could. We dvr Glenn Beck's show and watch it everyday with our sons. He presents the information in the way someone like me (wife, homeschooling mom, home daycare owner, etc., and someone who never really paid attention to politics)can understand. He is entertaining and passionate. He doesn't favor one party. He does his homework. He motivates me to do more (that I can stand up and make a difference) and with his 912 project, it gives me hope that we can, as a nation, stand together and take our country back. I will often applaud the tv when he is on because I get so excited at what he says. It's crazy what is happening and what he says makes sense to me.

Posted by: April C. | September 26, 2009 7:44 PM

I watch Glenn Beck whenever I can and usually catch him after 9 pm on the DVR. I also listen to his radio show often. I've gone from not knowing him, to being addicted to the show, to "questioning with boldness" to determine if he has any motive (fame, money, ratings, etc.) to say what he says. I've decided it doesn't really matter what his motives are...no one is debunking HIM! No one from the left is stepping up to prove him wrong. That speaks volumes to me. I believe Glenn Beck believes what he's saying. AND, he's saying what I believe.

Posted by: Janice | September 26, 2009 10:12 PM

There is not much I can add except to say that thanks to Glenn Beck for raising awareness of the Progressive movement and its negative impact on our great country. We are blessed that we have many viewpoints from which to learn. Each one unique and important. Glenn Beck has added humanity to the conversation. Thank you Mr. Beck. Thank you Barbara!
Party On!

Posted by: A Mac and a Mug O' Joe | September 26, 2009 10:30 PM

Glenn Beck has lots of conservative critics because...

... there are lots of conservatives who aren't really conservative. Hello. Let's say it out loud. NEOconservatives are NOT conservatives. Secularists are not conservatives. They can't be. Moderate conservatives are leftists. In this country, "conservatives" are those who believe in the vision of the founding father, based firmly in GOD.

The REAL dividing line in this country is between Judeo Christian theistic worldviews and everything else worldviews. A lot of the everything else we can live with. But the one that is changing the country by subversion, we can't live with.

For over 70 years, we have heard the warnings about these days, and we ignored them. We scoffed and laughed at the messengers. Now, we are on the brink. Twenty years ago, you would have been laughed out of the room for suggesting America would nationalize the auto industry.

When is the debate about sacrificial resistance going to begin? We HAVE to realize that we aren't going to debate or argue these people away. They are evil. We are going to have to resist them in a real and tangible way.

Otherwise, submit to global-socialist slavery without complaint.

Posted by: Jonathan | September 27, 2009 6:20 AM

Glen Beck sure beats "Meet the Depressed" aka Meet the Press which used to actually ask pertinent questions. Tune in and you will find him to be a fair interviewer who while expresses his opinions does so with facts to back them up.

Posted by: ahrcanum | September 27, 2009 11:48 PM

I watched Glenn a couple of times when he was on CNN but stopped because I didn't like CNN. I found out about a month ago that is now on Fox so I started watching him everyday. I love watching Glenn because he helps me understand politics and economics which is so not my strong point. Since I have been watching him I now feel like I can get involved in political discussions without feeling stupid. He has even helped me understand inflation which I never really grasped in school or the several times my husband tried to explain it. I like that he makes sure we have somewhere to call our headquarters (The Glenn Beck Headquarters). I no longer feel alone in the fight.

Posted by: Alex | September 28, 2009 8:27 PM

I have heard Glenn for over 5 yrs,We watch
him on tv and he gives his own heart to what
he believes,As two seniors we love him for speaking for all of us.

Posted by: lorraine newtown | September 30, 2009 4:28 PM

9/28/2009
Subject:
Media coverage of the people who attended the demonstration in Mount Vernon during Glenn Beck’s visit.
After attending the demonstration in Mt. Vernon on September 26, I have one regret…..that I didn’t take a camera and take pictures of all of the Glenn Beck supporters that were there. I have read many reports from the media and they all talk about and show pictures of the people who were protesting the Glenn Beck event and hardly anything is said or shown about the demonstrators that were supportive of Glenn Beck. It looked to me like the supporters outnumbered the non-supporters by 2 or 3 to 1. The media states that there were about 800 people attending, it looked more like a thousand or more to me. At any rate, it was the largest turnout for any such event in the history of Mt. Vernon. I talked to several supporters and found out that many had traveled from other cities and towns to Mt. Vernon to show their support for Glenn Beck. Many were members of Tea Party organizations, the military, Freedom Fighters, Republicans and Democrats. American flags and “Don’t Tread On Me” flags were visible throughout the crowd.
I walked the entire length of the demonstration (about 4 city blocks on both sides of the street) and noticed that the non-supporters of Glenn Beck spoke of racism, hatred, and anger.

Have we forgotten the sermons of Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s pastor for 20 years? “Obama's Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Has a History of What Even Obama's Campaign Aides Say Is 'Inflammatory Rhetoric'…” Barack Obama's pastor
says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."
… or the words of Bill Ayers, : "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."”.
And recently, Van Jones, where it is stated that… “Recent news reports cited a derogatory comment Jones made in the past about Republicans, and separately, of Jones' name appearing on a petition connected to the events surrounding the Sept. 11 attacks.
Then there are the connections between ACORN and Obama…”both ACORN and the “mainstream” media were working as dedicated estheticians for Obama, keeping those unsightly wrinkles and blemishes out of sight and largely unnoticed by the American people.”

I, too, can see racism, hatred, and anger, but from many other sources that do not involve Glenn Beck at all. Thank God, Mr. Beck has the intestinal fortitude to seek out and speak the Truth to America.
As a resident of Mt. Vernon, I was very enthused and inspired by the huge amount of supporters that showed up Saturday evening. Thanks to all of you and most of all to Glenn Beck for validating those of us who want the truth to be told about our government and its leaders. Next time I will take a camera. Smile.
cherylw.
Mt. Vernon, Washington
mother of Iraq veteran
retired teacher
Christian
conservative

Posted by: cheryl w | October 1, 2009 2:13 AM

Thank you moms and Glenn for a fantastic show! I "feel" we should have a weekly or at least, a monthly format like this with Glenns show; hey, like Glenn said in the beginning of the show, "it looks like an Oprah show". My opinion, Dr. Phil, Oprah and Glenn all wrapped up into one. "eeewww, what a quick thought; o.k. it is gone now". lol
Again, "thank you all: the moms in the audience, the Glenn Beck staff and Glenn". GOD bless

Posted by: Dawn West | October 1, 2009 7:52 AM

I never miss Glenn if there is any way to keep from it. I am retired so it is easier for me to see him at 4:00 each day than most. No kids coming in from school or things like that. I miss him only for medical appointments and like that. I don't have a DVR but still manage to tape him on my VCR.

I was so mad when Fox cut the Moms show off in midstream so we could hear our Glorious Leader speak when so much more of importance was coming from you mothers. I watched for that show on every special all weekend and was so relieved when it finally came on in its entirety on Monday.

I think that Glenn has put his life on the line with his attempts to expose ACORN and SEIU and the rest of Oba mao's army but he has all my respect for doing this very thing. His show yesterday in which he exposed so much of why our national government is so heavily involved in trying to make money for the members of the Oba mao gang from Chicago was the kind that many progressives don't like to see. Placing pictures and names on that board makes them worry that he is exposing their leaders to eventual throwing away.

Beck may be a bit emotional at times but every time he seems to cloud up I find myself in the same position. We cloud up when he talks about how far away from what the Founders intended and it is so easy to have that happen. I can't prove that he doesn't do that for effect, but unlike progressives, I don't think it is very often done for effect. I believe that he loves his country at least as much as I do and that he is doing what will eventually save it from THEM.

I am starting to get up for today's show and it is over 5 hours away. Let me say that I loved that show Monday and came away thinking that maybe, just maybe, mothers are the final saving force we need to get organized. I hope to see him get the same group together again soon . I like the town hall appearance and the serious way mothers are looking out for their children.

Moms, let me tell you that as a retired history teacher I know that your kids aren't being taught the history of our country in any truthful way. I couldn't find a decent American History text as far back as the 1980s. They were already being taken over by progressive rewrites of history and they were teaching more to social movement than history. I have been out for nearly 25 years so think about what they have done to change what they are telling kids today. Stand up to them and keep trying to get things straight again.

If you haven't read Beck's "Common Sense" make a serious attempt to do so. It is so good that it is one of those "can't put down things" and so full of truth. No wonder it is still on the Top Seller list at the al Times of New York.

Keep up the good work, ladies.

Posted by: Carl | October 1, 2009 11:25 AM

I was introduced to the Glenn Beck program by a co-worker 8 months ago and I've watched him ever since. I've read the book "The Five Thousand Year Leap" and have absorbed it because I know it to be true and correct. I have since shared the book with all of my family and people I know. I even like Glenn better than Bill O'Reily. He breaks news before anyone else sometimes long before anyone else even takes an interest like with the ACORN issue. I am a mom and my children like Beck because he is funny as well as informative. it is good to know that there are still many good people in America because they are watching Beck because his ratings keep going up. I write to my representatives constantly now. Thanks Glenn for helping to wake up America to what is really going on. Jackie

Posted by: Jackie J | October 1, 2009 11:45 AM

I watch Glenn Beck because he is sincere, he is accurate and he really cares about America and keeping our country free. We tvo his show, we watch every single one. I listen to his radio show also. He is, all at once, vulnerable, brilliant, funny, dedicated, very very brave, incredibly comforting, incredibly hopeful and he is grounded, and may I say again, very very brave. We pray for his saftey and his staff and family.

We have stopped watching regular tv, we only watch Fox, nothing else. Who knew what horrible people exist in "Hollywood" We wash our hands of them and do not allow them into our homes anymore. Their comments about this situation with Obama administration and Glenn Beck and other Foxnews shows is just disgusting. That we can control. Turn them off. Thank God for GlennBeck.

Posted by: Nancy Branch | October 1, 2009 12:04 PM

I love Glenn Beck...he is Awesome!

Posted by: Lou Trudeau | October 2, 2009 6:09 PM

I love listening and reading Glenn Beck. He is honest and says what I believe. He is a breath of fresh air!!!

Posted by: Janet | October 4, 2009 7:04 AM