October 11, 2009 3:26 PM

Stephan Lee Mace - 10/11 Purcellville Motorcade Photos

View as an album with larger pictures at Picasa.

See also: Keith Hudson's pictures: Paying respects to Spec, Stephan Mace.

Related: The Loudoun Times has family photos of Stephan Mace

Stephan's funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at the Purcellville Baptist Church.

Maddy will be singing "You Raise Me Up."

Posted in Loudoun County, Military matters, Purcellville, RIP | Permalink

Comments

Beautiful photos. Touching moments.

These might be a real gift to this young man's family, as they will be able to see their community's support, love, and admiration for this brave solider.

Posted by: von | October 11, 2009 7:53 PM

The pain and the pride ... Godspeed, soldier.

(Thank you, Barbara, for posting the photos.)

Posted by: Tim | October 11, 2009 9:59 PM

Thanks, Barbara, for the pictures. We need to be reminded of the sacrifice of the faithful men and women serving this great nation.

Posted by: Karen E. | October 11, 2009 10:18 PM

Something always strikes a chord with me when I see the bikers' escorts for soldiers' funerals. i can't quite put my finger on why.

Posted by: Katie | October 12, 2009 6:19 AM

Thanks for sharing mommma!
Always so touching to see this kind of support of our fallen heroes.
May he rest in peace.

Posted by: LadyLovas | October 12, 2009 11:49 AM

My heart goes out to the family and friends of this Brave Soldier. His ultimate sacrifice is not un-noticed as Americans all over this nation mourn the loss and are truly grateful for his service. God Bless him...

Posted by: Joanne Florer, Orlando, FL | October 15, 2009 4:35 PM

Hello there,

My name is Stephen Keefe. I am the father of a young man who is currently undergoing the U.S. Army's basic training program. Until he unlisted
in the Army, my son Alex lived (with my ex and my younger son Nicholas) in Martinsburg, WV.

I am writing to let you know that I am very impressed by the citizens of Purcellville, VA who turned out to pay tribute to the U.S. Army soldier Stephan Lee Mace who was killed in action in Afghanistan earlier this month.

I cut and copied the link to your the Stephan Mace photos onto my Facebook web page so that relatives and friends of mine can see the wonderful you posted. I hope you don't mind my doing that.

I've never had the occasion to visit Purcellville,
but I think I'm going to drive out there and have breakfast or lunch one of these weekends.

Best regards,