July 3, 2011 11:56 PM

Laura Ingraham adopts third baby

At a family reunion tonight, I heard some relatives say that Catholicism/Christianity were most compatible with the Democrat Party because we should provide for the poor.

Au contraire, mes amies.

"We should provide for the poor as individuals," I said. "Not be forced by the government so they can decide where our money should go." Not to mention the wasted money when the government strong arms, then pays layers of bureaucracy to implement policies which benefit government workers more than the poor. [As a mom of four kids with special needs- three adopted - I know]

But it would certainly take a much longer time than a family reunion to enlighten idealistic/naive liberals how cynical politicians have played on their naivete to build voting blocs of beneficiaries of government largesse. Perhaps the best contrast of it's your fault/you owe me mentality and the good old-fashioned American Can-Do spirit is Katrina vs. Joplin. Joplin didn't make headlines because Obama didn't care and because they looked after their own.

And perhaps the most recent example of the conservative/self-sacrificing/lifetime commitment spirit of giving is Laura Ingraham, who for the third time is practicing, not preaching True Charity.

ingraham30.jpgAdopting a child is more than signing in a check - it means losing sleep, losing control, losing your life. May all conservatives - many of whom have personally sacrificed to commit their lives to unwanted children - stand taller and prouder tonight:

June 29: Via Twitter and Facebook:

I'm thrilled to announce that I have adopted a new baby boy. Nikolai Peter (13 mo's) joins Maria (6) and Dmitri (3). We are blessed.

Comments

I really like her!

Posted by: Kelly | July 4, 2011 8:37 AM

I like her too! I listen to her show daily.

Posted by: RCH | July 6, 2011 5:41 PM

Dear Laura, CONGRATULATIONS! God Bless You on the occasion of the adoption of you third child, Peter. He must be a bundle of joy. I hope to see you and you kiddoes in Houston at The Republic Harley Davidson Cycle Showplace on July 24th, 2011, Sunday.I did get special permission by fellow franciscans to meet you, and to bring back the book, Of Thee I Ziing.' We can sure use a great laughter of two. We even Ramon Arroyo's face on the book's cover, while searching the web pages. We all laughed, WOW! God Bless you all, see you all soon. Brother Augustine Halvorsen, OFM, Franciscans Order Of Friars Minors, to offer prayers and spiritual support.

Posted by: Br. Augustine. Halvorsen | July 7, 2011 4:06 PM

Just wondering; no doubt Laura is a wonderful, mother inculcating Christian values in her children. Yet I wonder... is it selfish to deprive these children of a Dad? I'm certain there are many, many husbands and wives who dearly want to adopt children but celebrities get to indulge themselves before regular people are considered. It seems sad. If a woman were to deliberately become a mother through intercourse with a man and she had no intention of marrying him and had relations only to become pregnant, it would be wrong. Why is this then considered moral and right?

Posted by: Katherine | July 13, 2011 2:05 AM

Katherine,

I agree those are troubling questions. In the end I am left with two thoughts: It is better to grow up with a single mother in America - especially one who can afford extra help - than in an orphanage in a foreign country.

Also, as the Holy Spirit has often guided me to do things that other people misjudge, I prefer to think that Laura is guided by Holy Spirit also and that I should abstain from judgment. I don't think Laura is in the same league as Angelina Jolie or other movie stars you may be referring to. She is truly a devout Catholic (convert from Baptist) who wears her faith on her sleeve and uses her radio show not only to talk politics, but to bring greater awareness to matters of faith, parenting issues, chastity, modesty, and so on.

The comparison you mentioned just doesn't work because Laura has not committed the sin of sex outside marriage, which God has commanded we not do. She has adopted children, which is something God has asked us to do.

We may have opinions about the rightness or wrongness according to our personal standards, but according to God's standards, Laura has done nothing wrong.

Posted by: Barbara | July 13, 2011 8:09 AM