January 8, 2012 9:48 PM

How has Tebow changed the game?

[Update: wrote this article today and sold to Crosswalk as Tim Tebow and the Mom Phenom]

So, I want to write an article about how Tebow is getting women interested in the football.  Would love to hear your thoughts, opinions.  Either leave as comment or email me - be as detailed as you want to be.  When did you become aware of him? How has your relationship with football changed?

Talk to me.

Posted in Tebow | Permalink

Comments

I became aware of Tim Tebow the year that the media made such a big deal about his pro-life commercial during the Super Bowl. It was the only time I actually was looking forward to watching Super Bowl commercials. I have 4 boys and a husband who would love to watch ESPN every minute of the weekend (which is exactly WHY we don't have cable :0). For years, we have had to limit the number of games they watch on any given Saturday and Sunday...This is tricky b/c some of my boys and husband prefer the Bengals and the others prefer the Patriots. Once, when one of our teams were playing the Broncos, I happened to pass the TV and saw Tebow. I stopped and watched and told them about the prolife commercial, how he was homeschooled, etc. The look on my highschool boys' faces were priceless when I sat down and watched and cheered for the Broncos! Now they know that all they have to do is mention that the Broncos are playing and they have a "free" game to watch. I still don't understand all of the rules of the game but my boys are being very patient explaining them to me -- I'm sure, in hopes that this sudden love for football is due to the game itself and not to a certain quarterback who is exactly the kind of young man that I want my boys to imitate and my daughter to marry. We can't wait for next weekend's game when the Broncos play the Patriots!!!! The boys are already planning what snacks we should buy and love the fact that mom is actually going to sit in the same room with them while they watch a football game.

Posted by: Chris | January 9, 2012 8:01 AM

I've always been a football fan. Started when my mom worked the ticket counter at the Chiefs and we would watch the games to see if she had to go into work the next day (a loss meant no one would call for tickets!).
I started watching the Broncos this year because I kept hearing about their fantastic last minute wins. And I was also intrigued; Tebow garnered so much annoyance that I wanted him to succeed if only to tick off the haters. The Chiefs weren't playing well so I used my one football game a weekend (self-imposed limit!) on the Broncos. The Broncos didn't disappoint. The first two games I watched were two of the most entertaining games I've seen.
I was quite torn on that last week: Chiefs vs. Broncos. I found myself cheering for the Broncos. So strange for me! The Chiefs ended up winning that game, which made the Broncos' chances for winning the division out of their hands. Raiders had to lose, and then based off of the third way to break a tie in the division the Broncos would have it. Their destiny was no longer in their hands.
Well, Raiders lost and the Broncos made it into the playoffs. The Broncos had done their best, but in the end it wasn't up to them. Sounds like there is some sort of spiritual application there. :D
Really, Tebow didn't change my interest in football, but he did change for which team I watched and rooted.

Posted by: Debra | January 9, 2012 8:59 AM

Wrote a blog about my thoughts on Tebow after seeing your question here. I love him - but I think we need a little different heroes/focus sometimes.

Posted by: Sue | January 9, 2012 4:49 PM

I love Tim Tebow he is the one who shows us what is at stake when a child is aborted for whatever reason! He knows who to thank for his talents.
I am so into football now especially when it is the Denver Broncos playing and I never was before.
My husband is loving it!

Posted by: donna | January 9, 2012 8:17 PM

Sorry, not a women here, but I wanted to pipe in that I like reading about Tim because I know he is one athlete who is not trying to alter his abilities by using steroids. That's enough to get me interested in his team.

Posted by: bt | January 9, 2012 9:05 PM