January 24, 2012 12:10 AM

March for Life 2012 - photos

The face of pro-life:

The annual March for Life is the most under-reported event in the nation. This is my sixth year redressing the lack of MSM coverage with an online photo journal. If a picture says a thousand words, then people can see the truth about Pro-Lifers here: a dazzlingly diverse movement filled with youth, vitality and joy.

I'm not a professional photographer. My method is to stand still and take pictures of the crowd streaming by. I took 893 pictures, then cut back to the 227 you see here. My hope is that they tell a story.

Do not believe the official crowd estimates. I stood and took pictures for 2 1/2 hours. You can see the width of the street and catch a sense of the river of humanity quickly passing by. That is not tens of thousands of people, but hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country.

See still album here:

Posted in 2012 Choose Life | Permalink

Comments

Thank you Barbara for this AMAZING slide show. I have been checking your blog all evening to see if you would have photos. It is so very encouraging to see all the youth in attendance (it was just like that in San Francisco at the Walk for Life West Coast on Saturday...thousands of high school & college students!)

We will win this battle one day!

Posted by: Beth Lambdin | January 24, 2012 1:30 AM

Thank you so much for this witness! How powerful! And heartening.

Posted by: Denise | January 24, 2012 2:38 AM

Awesome. Barbara, you rock!

Posted by: dottie | January 24, 2012 4:52 AM

#219 is me and four of my kids. :) My oldest son is in #218 along with two of the kids of a homeschooling friend. Thanks for taking the photos, Barbara.

Posted by: Molly | January 24, 2012 6:18 AM

So encouraging! Thank you Barbara!

Posted by: Sara | January 24, 2012 8:18 AM

I've always preferred freeze-frame to video. It holds the subject still while we gaze into their soul.

You have a nice collection here.

I was there, too, and shared 26 photos.

Posted by: Matt@StBlogustine | January 24, 2012 10:02 AM

Conspicous by his absence is the current occupant of the White House, the most pro abortion Presdent in US history.

Posted by: libertarianmathprof | January 24, 2012 10:36 AM

Barbara,
Thanks so much for posting these amazing pictures. Me,my husband and seven kids made it to the Shrine for mass, but weren't able to make it to the march. I was amazed and overjoyed to see so many people at the Shrine....especially so young!
I've showed my kids pictures of the march from last year from your blog. My kids know I love your blog and find it completely inspirational and informative! When we got to the shrine yesterday, My oldest even asked, " You think we will see Barbara here?"
I would have loved to go to the March. I was so disappointed we couldn't quite get there ( sick kid) Oh well, at least I have your pictures to make me feel like we were all there!

Posted by: LizinDC | January 24, 2012 11:10 AM

I look forward to your coverage every year Barbara. It is so soothing to my heart to see the truth. I get so dismayed by the media and various places throughout the web. It is amazing to see the reality. Its like watching a parade of my "peeps".

Thank you so much Barabara. I'm sure your shutter finger gets cold and tired taking all those pictures!

Posted by: kelly | January 24, 2012 11:10 AM

2 more links to the event:

Posted by: libertarianmathprof | January 24, 2012 11:33 AM

Nice work. It would be a good thing if you would forward every photo showing a minority to Brother Danliel P. Horan, ofm, who castigated the march as being a mainly all-white affair.

Posted by: Ol' Uncle Lar | January 24, 2012 4:23 PM

Thank you so much for posting all of this slideshow! These photos are indeed a beautiful testimony and tribute to the many people of all ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities that have heard the Lord's call to protect and respect the sanctity of human life from the moment of conception. It is a crime that the mainstream media does not report honestly the numbers of people who are devoted to the pro-life movement and show up rain or shine to prove it.

Posted by: Trisha Niermeyer Potter @ Prints of Grace | January 25, 2012 11:59 AM