March 19, 2012 1:49 PM

Malia Obama in Mexico: 12 friends, Secret Service

As i already said this morning, interesting the relevant news about our country you can find in Britain, ignored and covered up by our Propaganda Press:

How much do you think this is costing the taxpayers?????????

From the UK Telegraph:

Malia Obama guarded by 25 Secret Service agents on spring break in Mexico

Barack Obama's eldest daughter is spending her springbreak in the historic Mexican city of Oaxaca in the company of 12 friends - and 25 Secret Service agents.

The US President's 13-year-old daughter Malia is staying at a downtown hotel in the city famous for its colonial architecture and well-preserved native American traditions, an official said.

"We are here to block access to the hotel by other people and escort the vehicles that are carrying the visitors to tourism sites," the police official told AFP under the condition of anonymity.

Malia Obama and her friend are guarded by the Secret Service agents as well as Mexican police, the official noted.

The group, which arrived in Oaxaca Saturday, has already visited the architectural zone of Mitla and the tree of El Tule believed to be one thousand years old.

The sightseeing plan also includes visits to Monte Alban known for its archeological research sites and Oaxaca's famous artisan quarters.

The Obamas can be fiercely protective of their daughters' privacy, complaining if the girls are photographed while out on their own.

But they've been more than willing to keep bringing them up in the national conversation and to keep them in the minds of voters as the general election approaches.

Source: agencies

Posted in Liberal Hypocrisy | Permalink

Comments

I read that this story was a hoax, but goes to show how incredibly out-of-touch this president is when it's so believable that this could happen in the first place.

Posted by: Jennifer | March 19, 2012 3:18 PM

Actually, yahoo had this on its newsfeed when I was on at lunchtime and I was shocked. I was as disgusted as you when I read it. Forget about the cost to taxpayers for just a moment, and I'm beyond disgusted that they would allow their 13 year old such an extravagant vacation without a parent! Mexico, besides! Who does that? And then to require taxpayers to foot the bill for her security? I seriously hope this blows up in their faces.
But by all means, don't let them eat fast food.

Posted by: Bridget | March 19, 2012 4:09 PM

My my, this story was deleted from the UK, Telegraph newspaper that had 59 comments. So very transparent are they?

This trip to Mexico was not necessary. She could've gone to Hawaii or any where else in the world for her spring break. Because of Mexico being unsafe she needed the added security. Are US citizens patsies in having to pay for this wonderful trip or what?
13 years old and going on a spring break like this. Maybe Obama feels it might be the last time for it to be all paid for by US taxes. Still they'll have so much money and security for life to do anything they want and live like royalty.

Posted by: mia | March 19, 2012 4:42 PM

I think myself or my husband should run for president. We could use a vacation every other couple of weeks too!

Plus, I personally think our policies would be much better to boot! (That's not prideful. It's just that I think so little of this administration's policies!)

Posted by: Michelle | March 19, 2012 5:45 PM

Interesting that several sites are pulling this story without any explanation. I wonder why.

Posted by: AZ_Man | March 19, 2012 7:32 PM

I know it's very tempting to believe everything we hear about the Obama's, especially negative. This story has been removed from websites & news sites because it is fake. It's not some wild cover-up.

Posted by: Jennifer | March 20, 2012 9:59 AM

The White House had the story scrubbed. It is shameful that struggling Americans have to pay to send a 13 year old on vacation to Mexico, and it is shameful that the Obamas would send her when there is a travel advisory against travel there.

It is scary that Obama can just order sites scrubbed if he doesn't like what is written.

Posted by: Struggling Mother | March 20, 2012 12:50 PM

WTF. 13 years old!!!! Totally inappropriate.

Posted by: mexonion | March 20, 2012 1:57 PM

Our local conservative talk show has been telling us that this story is a fake - He has a national show as well and is very trustworthy. He was apparently told by reporters from AP that the story was pulled because it wasn't true. Just a few minutes ago he comes on to say that the story IS true and the White House had it pulled. Freedom of the Press? Nope.
I have no idea what to believe anymore.

Posted by: Jennifer | March 20, 2012 3:03 PM

More vacations. Maybe they are just looking for the next country to claim they are citizens of. This is going to be at least a few million $$ for this trip. I hope all of you that voted for this jackass president are those that are now unemployed.

Posted by: Disgusting | March 20, 2012 5:55 PM