November 28, 2012 8:58 PM

Jesus wept...and so do I....

Walking the line between despair and hope....Knowing she is gone from here and now in a place beyond compare and our imagination....a place we only know by faith....
Life is difficult and so is the truth......the first is predictable, though I'm sorry to say I'm always surprised... and the second constant...leaving me faint of heart and at a loss for words. I can't say it any other way....I hear her voice calling me in the night....when I awake she's not there....But her legacy and the lives she touched are everywhere...

In His grip,
Papa Tripp

Comments

nice piece cant wait to gt up there

Posted by: tom@morethanpepper | November 28, 2012 10:29 PM

Prayers and much love to you tonight, Tripp. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. Barbara's legacy certainly lives on, and will live on in your family and in the hearts of all of us out here whom she touched. I wish I could offer something to ease your despair, I only hope that it will fade as the days go on. Please know you have a lot of people out here in the world pulling for you.

Posted by: Danielle M. | November 28, 2012 10:59 PM

Papa Tripp...Keep holding on, brother....continuing to pray....

Deb K

Posted by: Debbie Kierstead | November 28, 2012 11:27 PM

Papa Tripp, I'm so sorry. Praying for you all.

Posted by: Heather P | November 29, 2012 1:01 AM

Lord,
grant that we may hold dear the memory of your servant Barbara, never bitter for what we have lost nor in regret of the past, but always in hope of the enternal kingdom where you will bring us together again. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. AMEN
Gracious God, please comfort the sorrowful.
When a loved one dies, it changes our lives so quickly.
Help those who are living in grief to know your loving embrace.
Teach them that the dear ones they miss are truly living in the joy and peace of your heavenly kingdom.
And as pain eases and healing begins, give them the strength to reach out to help those who follow them.
We ask this in the name of Jesus.
Amen
+JMJ

Posted by: mm | November 29, 2012 1:27 AM

Always thinking of you and your family . . . and missing Barbara from afar.

Posted by: Melodee | November 29, 2012 2:57 AM

I think of her every day. And thereby, you. We are indeed praying for reprieve from the pain and disorientation that must be overwhelming at times. Thank you for continuing to reach out to your family's fan base! It's a generous thing to do. We love you all, Mr. Curtis.

Posted by: Tiffany | November 29, 2012 3:19 AM

You don't know me Papa, and Barbara and I were just acquaintences online but I followed her blog daily. Like everyone else, I was shocked and saddened at her passing. I just wanted you to know that God, in His unfailing goodness, has connected us all. I continue to pray for her soul and her family that was so precious to her. May His peace carry you through your grief.

Posted by: Tammy | November 29, 2012 6:15 AM

The first year is always the hardest. Holding you in our prayers up to The Father. Hang on, my friend. We're still with you.

Sue from Buffalo

Posted by: Sue from Buffalo | November 29, 2012 9:36 AM

Dear Tripp, I am one of those many many lives touched by Barbara. Please know that I pray for you and your children each time I think of her which is quite often. Her inspiration remains in my heart as I raise my large family including my son with DS. I have found myself asking for her intercession in areas of mothering , faith, schooling etc. Thank you for sharing your dear wife with all of us for many years and may God bless you for sharing your heart with us now. May our Blessed Mother comfort you and your precious children.

Posted by: Barb | November 29, 2012 10:29 AM

Thanks for sharing your grief journey with us Tripp. For those of us who followed Barbara through the years, it's as if the journey continues, only in a different way now. Prayers for peace and all understanding for you kind man.

Posted by: Elena | November 29, 2012 11:11 AM

I wish that there were words that could be said or written that would take away your family's pain and lonesomeness. In my own family's recent loss, we have found that as Christians, thankfulness can play a huge part in easing the sorrow and pain. Although many times it is difficult to find something to be thankful for, the very act of just saying, "Thank you, Jesus," can open our eyes to God's blessings that are a great comfort. The day to day living can be overwhelming at times, and our prayer for your family is that you will be strengthened in ways you never could have imagined, and that the peace that passes understanding will be very real and tangible for you all. God bless you all.

Posted by: Nana | November 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Praying for you, Papa Tripp.

Posted by: Emily | November 29, 2012 12:18 PM

Dear Tripp,

Praying for you. Keep the faith. Love you and all your family.

Posted by: Karen | November 29, 2012 2:23 PM

Tripp...
It is difficult to find the right words right now... I trust, though, that the God of all comfort is with you as we pray for you and your family. We appreciate the updates with all the lovely family photos. You and Barbara built a life together that included a large family. I hope that they will be a comfort and a blessing to you as you go through this season of grief.
I think of Barbara off and on throughout my day. Her site and her thoughts made such a big difference in so many aspects of my life...
Our family continues to pray for you during our nightly bible...Peace to you and the entire Curtis family,
Lisa

Posted by: Lisa | November 29, 2012 5:24 PM

(((Hugs))) to you and your dear ones. I know it is hard.

Posted by: Kate J | November 29, 2012 8:05 PM

Papa C.....I hurt for you and the rawness of your pain. I've been where you are, sixteen years ago now. All I can say, is that clinging to your faith and trusting God in the middle of it all is the only way out. I didn't take that road. I was mad a God for so long, for taking that person away from me. And the more I hated God, the worse I got. I still carry the emotional wounds from that period of my life. I share this with you by way of saying that you are the road you are taken, of trust instead of anger, and of acceptance instead of rebellion, the the best road. Believe me. I've been on the other road, and it only leads to more pain and heartache.
Please hold on tight to our dear Father. He is closest to the brokenhearted. And please know that all of us who were touched by Momma, are carrying you thru, holding your hands up while your own strength fails, until you find peace and solace in the new way of life.
My love, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posted by: LadyLovas | November 29, 2012 11:37 PM

Tripp, thank you for sharing where you are....how you're doing.....just like Barbara would do.

We all love her so much, and therefore, love you, too. Your honesty helps us know how to pray for you.

Barbara continues to inspire me (and others, too). Thank you for carrying on her life's work.

Continuing to pray......

Posted by: von | November 30, 2012 12:37 AM

We are praying, always.

Posted by: Chrissy | November 30, 2012 7:31 AM

I continue to pray for you and your sweet family.

Posted by: Jenn | November 30, 2012 7:33 AM