December 13, 2012 11:20 PM

There is a Reason.....

Thank you Father for the gift of music....truly it is the language of the soul....

I've seen hard times and I've been told
There isn't any wonder that I fall
Why do we suffer, crossing off the years
There must be a reason for it all

I've trusted in You, Jesus, to save me from my sin
Heaven is the place I call my home
But I keep on getting caught up in this world I'm living in
And Your voice it sometimes fades before I know

Hurtin' brings my heart to You, crying with my need
Depending on Your love to carry me
The love that shed His blood for all the world to see
This must be the reason for it all

Hurtin' brings my heart to You, a fortress in the storm
When what I wrap my heart around is gone
I give my heart so easily to the ruler of this world
When the one who loves me most will give me all

In all the things that cause me pain You give me eyes to see
I do believe but help my unbelief
I've seen hard times and I've been told
There is a reason for it all

In His grip,
Papa Tripp

Comments

Beautiful! You have a beautiful insight into the world of suffering Tripp, that is a gift. A difficult gift, but a gift of beauty just the same because our Lord loves you SO much, He gives you exactly what you need. And thanks be to God for that and the gift of trust to yield to His way.

BTW, we continue to pray for your family and the soul of Barbara.

Posted by: Tammy | December 14, 2012 10:41 AM

Beautiful song! Thank you for sharing it. So many are hurting right now. I did 2 hours of bell-ringing at Von's for donations for Manna House (our local Shared Minitries help for those in need.) As I greeted people with "Good afternoon, Merry Christmas!", there were many with sad, apathetic or angry expressions. Some lit up with a smile and said "Merry Christmas" back, but some would not look at me and did not reply. I pray for all the victims and families of victims of the mall killings and the school killings recently, but also for all those who have reason to be sad in this season of joy. I know it is bittersweet for you Tripp, with many precious memories, and a deep pain of loss at the same time. May God give you moments of joy this season.

Posted by: Meg Young | December 14, 2012 6:42 PM

I pray for your family every night.

Posted by: Heather P | December 14, 2012 7:03 PM

Hello Papa Tripp,

So beautiful that you and Samantha were able to place the stone together. He is our peace. Will dwell on that and all it has meant to you both...and your precious children over the years. I continue to pray...as the Lord continues to keep you and your family very much on my heart. Wishing so that this aching could be eased without all the suffering. Continue to be so very grateful that you keep on writing and letting us know how things are going.

May the Lord continue to show us His mercies...His grace...His peace.

Much love!

Jenny Fitzgerald ~ from San Jose, CA

Posted by: jenny Fitzgerald | December 16, 2012 12:45 AM

This song was Sung by Alison Krauss, the song titled "There is a reason". I love this song, so uplifting song. when I feel sad and unwanted I often listen this song and realized that there must be reason why I suffering at the moment.

Sorry for my Bad Grammar.

Thanks Barbara...God Bless You and your family.

Obbie Afri Gultom - Indonesia