January 16, 2013 10:48 PM

Bare trees at the dimming of the day...

Awoke at O dark thirty this morning to get the Boyz ready for school after having a very vivid dream of Barbara. She came into the room where I was, looking like she did when I first met her.... only dressed in a 1920's floor length evening gown of white with her hair cut as it is on her blog pic,(think "Downton Abbey.)  She asked me,"Aren't you going to offer me a drink?' to which I could only reply, "you're here?"  She replied, "Of course, where else would I be?"....and then the alarm went off and she wasn't there.... Those of you who have walked in my shoes know that this is part of the season of grief......for those of you who may have to drink this bittersweet cup, I share with you, to prepare you. Here I am at 78 days since she left us and I long for her more than ever while knowing she's in the presence of the King.

Sweetheart, I know you are topside, doing our Father's work, but I miss you....I long for the day I will truly see you again...
 In His grip,
 Papa Tripp

Comments

Barbara would have loved that dream. Still praying for you and yours.

Posted by: Thia | January 17, 2013 6:36 AM

I don't want to have to go through the season of grief; it sounds so hard. I hope I love and miss my spouse as much as you miss yours. I think that God really did make you two 'one'. There was much love there. Remembering you in my prayers, Tripp.

Posted by: Karen | January 17, 2013 9:33 AM

I'm not usually a dream interpreter, but I had a thought here... our old monsignor used to say that if we were to see someone who was deceased, as in a vivid dream, it was a good bet that they were there to ask us for our prayers. Barbara asking you to offer her a drink made me think of this. And of course, she is right there, always concerned about her dear family, even on the other side.

I'll pray, too.

Posted by: Kate J | January 17, 2013 2:01 PM

We all miss that beautiful woman. So full of wisdom and sweetness. Hoping you are comforted by all those touched by her.

Posted by: Chris | January 17, 2013 2:44 PM

What a beautiful reflection. Barbara, and you and your family are in my daily prayers, and I often think of her throughout the day. Thank you for being so gracious by sharing these thoughts with us. The picture of Maddy returning to CUA in your last post made my heart happy, I am so so glad she is there, and pray she will be nurtured by the good people there, as I was so many years ago. On a completely unimportant side note, I redid my kitchen chairs with a pattern mostly red, but introducing blue and green, who knows, I may let go of the red eventually. Keep doing the next thing, and you have friends out here who are on your side.

Posted by: Danielle M. | January 18, 2013 11:13 AM

Tripp and Family, I too lost my beloved. He died 13 yrs ago. He was the other half of me. I am grateful that he was my husband of 30 yrs...he was 55 when he died. Also a bit of comfort comes from knowing I am the one carrying this grief: this grief would have been too much for him to bear. It is an old Catholic tradition to have Masses offered for the dead. Go to:piousunionofstjoseph.org that is the only place I know where you can have a group of Masses offered for your deceased loved one. 30 Masses named for Pope Gregory, you can read the tradition under title Gregorian Masses. Having these Masses offered has brought me great comfort. May Our Sorrowful Mother hold you all close to her.

Posted by: Marge O | January 18, 2013 1:10 PM

This is an incredible dream... Thank you so much for sharing this. May the Father hold you close.
Lisa